The Wonders Forum Index The Wonders
A forum where you can learn about The Wonders and share your experiences of them.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

November 30, 2015 Podcast

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melody Prosser

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: November 30, 2015 Podcast Reply with quote

Wow, thank you both for sharing so openly and vulnerably! I really hope that you DO do a podcast on the emotional body because I would love to hear it!
I miss everyone as well and look forward to being able to study with you both and The Wonders again.

Of course I do many of the same things, abusing myself with food, etc. - we all do. No judgment here! In addition to working on my physical health, I am working on my mental and emotional health. They are so interconnected, how can I not? I'm working on scheduling my activities, whether they are work related or health practices or anything else.

Something Rene said that hit home was that he didn't want to work on loving himself; he wanted it to be easy. The whole concept of "working" at it meant it wasn't loving to himself. Now THERE"S a takeaway! Loving yourself should be easy. Reminds me of that Minnie Ripperton song - loving you is easy 'cuz you're beautiful. How about I/we turn that towards my/our selves? Loving me is easy 'cuz I'm beautiful. Not just physically beautiful of course. It's funny that in the 2008 retreat A Deep Exploration of the Abundance Principle, The Wonders gave us all a gift and when they gave me mine, they asked me if I would love and cherish it every moment of every day and night. The gift was the gift of myself.

It goes back to that practice The Wonders gave us about observing ourselves - without judgment - all of our talents, abilities, accomplishments, our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual selves and appreciating ALL of it. There's no need for it to be difficult. I feel I've come quite a ways in loving myself and I have a greater appreciation for who I am, my talents and abilities. There's always more to love because there is always more to observe. Smile

This is something I am working on: I know I am a stubborn person. I love to resist and struggle; it has defined who I am my whole life. I'm tired and bored of living that way and want life to be easy and fun. I know it's a choice I have to make every day. Now that Rene has said that loving ourselves doesn't have to be 'work', I'm going to use this to move myself forward.

What would be to my greatest benefit right now?

A question for me to live by and ask myself every day in every situation.

As I'm typing, I want to say "see you in 2016" and I'm afraid to say it in case I don't make it to any of the workshops or retreat or study groups. LOL!

Thank you both again for such a wonderful podcast. Miss you and love you all! <3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wonders Forum Index -> OPEN DISCUSSIONS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: