The Wonders Forum Index The Wonders
A forum where you can learn about The Wonders and share your experiences of them.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can we help Rene and Maggie to go digital?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
James Reyes-Picknell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Can we help Rene and Maggie to go digital? Reply with quote

I understand that I'm perhaps the most recent in a long line of us who have suggested that the Wonders switch from audio tapes to digital formats. I had given my fancy tape deck away to a sister years ago. Yesterday I had to buy a tape player - no small feat either. Just try to find one! My search began several weeks ago in Sony stores in Asia. Fortunately I did find it (in Barrie of course) but it took no less than 4 retail outlets of searching in all. It hurts to pay nearly $100 for obsolescent technology that will ultimately require me to store hundreds of bulky tapes in an already crowded apartment. I dread the thought of my next overseas client engagement (no less than 4 weeks long) and how many tapes I will need to lug along with me so I can "catch up" on my studies. By the way, that will be on a weight restricted charter airplane into the Indonesian rain forests! I know the answer for me won't be fast enough however...

Rene and Maggie have listened to their clients and researched this. They'd like to solve the problem for all of us and for themselves but so far the solution remains elusive.

I'm no technology type but I know that some of you are. Is there anyone with suggestions for Rene and Maggie that will produce new recordings live and reproduce high quality sound from old tapes (their library), quickly, portably, be simple to operate and inexpensive?
James Reyes-Picknell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some possibilities?
Can anyone provide input / comment on these?

For original recording and making single CD copies:
http://www.summationtechnology.com/copywriterlive.htm
$US700

For making up to 7 CD copies at 52x speed:
http://www.summationtechnology.com/valuetower_cdr.htm
$US750
Melody Prosser

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject: Upgrading The Wonders Material Reply with quote

Greetings Jim,

How about going to MP3? This way they can be downloaded online and Maggie & Rene wouldn't have to look after so much accounting and copying of the tapes. The bank will probide a statement and can be compared to the web site statistics. They could also be emailed to people to burn on to a CD from the email.

Being someone who doesn't have that technology, I think for now CDs are still the way to go.

Melody
Scott

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ability to download the audio file version directly after purchase would be awesome (but I'm sure the added ease would encourage possible pirated distribution). I'm still waiting for the arrival of my Control vs. Command series, so of course I'm eager to listen now now now.
Melody Prosser

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For better or for worse, The Wonders aren't exactly on the Billboard charts. I don't think Magie and Rene would have to worry about that until they became a household name and when that happens, people will share illegally anyway. There's only so much a person can do to control that situation.

I don't think they have anything to worry about at this point.

Melody
Scott

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For better or for worse, The Wonders aren't exactly on the Billboard charts. I don't think Magie and Rene would have to worry about that until they became a household name and when that happens, people will share illegally anyway. There's only so much a person can do to control that situation.

It's funny how now that I've listened to the series a couple times, I can spot the control and fear in my statement regarding pirated distribution.

It's also amazing how once you start listening to The Wonders, your perspectives shift enough so that there's really no going back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wonders Forum Index -> Audio Tapes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: