The Wonders Forum Index The Wonders
A forum where you can learn about The Wonders and share your experiences of them.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crazy Belgium...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frederic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This country is hopeless Rolling Eyes

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/wales-vs-belgium-belgian-fans-give-guard-of-honour-to-travelling-welsh-supporters-a7115361.html
Frederic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallonia at its best Very Happy

(And not because I live there, or because I am fond of saying "no")

https://www.thestar.com/business/2016/10/19/belgian-region-wallonia-rejects-deadline-to-sign-eu-canada-trade-deal.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37725942
Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy naturally, Fred.

CETA sounds great for big business!...Who does it really benifit, hmmmm. I have to read more about the details of all that but it sounds sketchy.
Frederic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the concept of "letter" and "spirit" of things, and "people" would probably not need to spend so much time on the "letter" if they gave the precedence to the "spirit"...

That sounded intelligent... I guess...

In any case, I hope you are doing great Jeff Wink
Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.canadianbankreformers.ca

Looks like you're getting some help from this end as well.

If you ask me, hey I'm doing great. If you were to ask mind, it would no doubt tell you my life is a total failure at this point...Such is the journey.

I hope you are doing great as well, Fred 😉
Frederic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know if the current veto will actually stop the CETA in the end, but that would be cool just for the sake of it (and thanks for the help) Smile

It is statistically impossible to fail at everything (or anything for that matter), so your mind is definitely wrong and you are right Wink

Any day above ground is a good day Laughing
Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the real though, Things are great, as far a life goes, just juggling a lot of things, teaching, music, life, relationship, gig's, creative time, 'work' as we do. I play 3 sometimes 4 sometimes 2 nights a week on top of teaching 5 nights a week, so I personally am phisically all over the place, driving around the city, getting to places, playing till 2am, home 3am, practice, work on music for rehearsal, practice, eat, errands in the morning teach week days from 3 till 9, while Kim gets up mornings. She's working 3 different contract jobs at a local University on top of doing her Masters, being student facilitator, social media go to person etc etc, so she's got piles of books and papers and print outs all over the place Smile it's funny. She loves it, but it can be intenese for her. It's all just quite intense at times. Not to glorify being busy, because I'm not a fan of 'work' and you gotta work hard etc etc, we know better, but you know how life can be. It's challenging juggling so many things but because neither one thing is consistent $ so you kinda need all streams running to make it happen, or so the belief goes...Balance, is the key. I want to do less, I'm still scared to work less it seems. In a lot of ways, I'm doing what I enjoy, but have to take the plunge into things that will allow more $$ flow and more fun and creative time and time to do other things, even if it means working less to allow things to change.I started to notice the intensity was not so much 'doing' more because if we're in the moment choosing, then you're doing just even though it can be physical, mentally tiring, stressful at times. The real intensity is being out of your comfort zone and letting go of control while you do it!

Anyway, we could chat couldn't we. I hope things are great with you and Katherine, and the Walloons Smile
Frederic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know about the Walloons, but we are doing great Smile

I took October off for some holidays, and for doing whatever I feel like doing.

Pauses are important. You breathe in, you breathe out, but in-between, there has to be a pause...

I might extend that pause until the end of the year...

My target for next year is to work 6 months max, and for the year thereafter, 3...

Maybe I could teach people how to do nothing... I always tell my clients that it is what I do best, but they never seem to believe me...

I do not have a formula to help people make money doing nothing, so I am not quite sure how I could actually teach this (and I am pretty sure I would delegate the teaching to someone else anyhow Smile )

Food for thought I suppose...
Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, it would be nice to make 10 times, 100 times more $ than I'm making now and work half as much. Although I don't see what I do as 'work' the same way some people see work and 'jobs' but it can be precarious as far as $ .You sound like you got it figured out Fred, good for you.
Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree about the pauses. A moment of pause, whenever or wherever it's taken can change everything.
Frederic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You sound like you got it figured out

Not really... But it might be worth giving it a shot at some point...

I once wrote
Quote:
I have yet to find any true correlation between the value of something and the price you pay for it, so I decided to provide little value for a lot of money for a laugh. Nobody seemed to complain, so I charged even more and they all started to tell me how great I was. http://www.thewonders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1438&highlight=correlation+value+money

And that is a good starting point Smile

I might add :

1) The fastest easy way to get rich is to marry someone who is rich
2) The best bluff is to not bluff
3) The objection is within you, not within "them"
4) There are always more opportunities behind the ones you reject
5) Don't believe a word I say and do it your own way

Most of all, pursuing $$ is a dead-end... and one only knows that by reaching that place, so it is a good thing to try it for a while...
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeez Fred, nobody is "pursuing money' c'mon man, I though we knew each other a little better than that...Smile

I was just casually saying, it would be nice to work less, do more of what I love, while having a little more $ coming in. Pretty standard "The Wonders" method stuff. This last couple years have actually been more abundant in every way but I'm still running around a lot. That was my only real point. Pursuing money sounds like a death sentence, but hey, just so happen's the things we like do cost $, not all of them but a few of them Smile. Only one thing can be certain here, it's time to transform again, change and choose something new.
Frederic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not referring to you specifically Jeff (for once Smile ).

I was just reflecting on what I learned (if anything) that would be worth passing on to the next generations...

Granted, I will have to "work" a bit on the "packaging" of this "wonderful" wisdom (5 miserable sentences look a bit pathetic and won't lead to much credibility) Laughing

Regarding pursuits, isn't it when you stop pursuing something that you actually get it for some strange reason?
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For sure, yes. My bad, sometimes it's hard to tell with the forum factor Smile It's great advice Fred!

Agreed about not pursuing also. We already have it abundance kinda of idea's. Also oddly enough just like the video about Rene's story of struggle that was just put on the internet. It all ties together and this is really the core of it. Why struggle? It's funny we know all this stuff but then it's like well shit, look you're struggling dummy! To get it all together, to buy this, be able to do that, get here get this happening, whatever. Point is do it with ease, which if I look at how I have moved through life over the last few years, I have learned to move through life with much more ease and way less attachment (until I start thinking then I'm fucked for however long until you snap to your senses and and it's like arrgg stop thinking you know better! lol)) but... can still 'do' way less 'be' more and hopefully accomplish more or different things...if I can let go of the fear of survival and lack to a point of allowing myself more freedom to move without the fear of being broke etc. I have to change some psycholgies around that stuff, it's so in my mind and i know it.
Frederic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fortunately you are there to have a discussion, because -believe it or not- this is actually very helpful to get new insights Wink

So thank you.

I just realized one of the reasons I have much more time than others and I do not need to "do" much at work is that I tend to simplify things while most people spend their time complicating them (especially the French for some reason). There is definitely material there for a complicated book on the subject.

Don't get me wrong, I could also improve in the "simplifying" area, I am not a master, but how you do nothing is basically by... doing nothing Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wonders Forum Index -> OPEN DISCUSSIONS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: