The Wonders Forum Index The Wonders
A forum where you can learn about The Wonders and share your experiences of them.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Year In Review...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frederic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:31 pm    Post subject: Another Year In Review... Reply with quote

The project manager I work with is a big scary guy, but I really like him and we get along really well.

As I was leaving the office yesterday, he wished me to enjoy my holiday and I said I surely would.

The department manager added something like « Yes, 3 weeks is really worth it ».

I was not going to say anything. But my friend the project manager had to say it : « Actually, it is a month ».

I think someone used a tazer on the « big » chief, because his face looked weird when he said

« One month ??? When did I authorize that ??? »

« In August » I said . Then I smiled and went my way.

It has been a year full of adventures. The details are not really important. The feeling is.

I have sometimes wondered if I ever really changed over the years.

And what seems to happen is not so much that I change, as much as I become more of who I really am... although this is an imperfect metaphor as one can never be anything else than who we are Smile

It does not matter anyway. Not so long ago, I would have said that what does matter is that you live life on your terms.

But viewing things that way is still restricted. Because there is an actual beauty in everything. And that has been the most interesting growing awareness lately.

As a side note, a growing awareness sometimes sucks in some ways.

I recently wondered if I wanted to « devest » in a luxury car (you can never « invest » in a car).

It lasted for a nanosecond. I could not feel any desire to do so.

I never imagined in a million years that there would come a day when something like that would happen.

Coming back from work yesteray, the train got stuck for about half an hour.

My mind first went « I really need to get pissed off and upset about this ». I did my best but I could not buy into the story (my definition of the mind is that it basically is a fantastic story telling machine, and to my regret, it is much better than I ever will be).

I kept on reading my book and actually enjoyed it. How pathetic is that?

In a way, I no longer want to succeed in life, because I know I already have.

Not in the traditional sense of « being better » than anything or anyone else. Just in the sense that I now recognize it.

I could not end this post without a special thank you to my wife for being there during that year. We met 12 years ago, and I still cannot believe it has been that long already.

We managed to do extraordinary things together in all those years. Not because any of it was extraordinary per se, but because we did it together.

Some day, I might say the same thing about other people : what we did was extraordinary because we did it together.

In the meantime, do whatever you want however you want, because in my eyes, it is all brilliant Wink
Frederic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved that movie from start to finish... not sure why... maybe the gentleness...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/okami_kodomo_no_ame_to_yuki/
Frederic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any use for a life size stuffed (toy) reindeer ???

My wife certainly thinks so, because she just bought one Shocked
Frederic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings,

As I am getting ready to travel through the whole country and move up north a whopping 350 km to the seaside for another of my more than well deserved holidays, I would like to leave you with the following :

One of the most interesting things I learned in 43 years comes down to three simple words : It is possible.

So, we might want to keep that in mind in 2016 and beyond, since that is the only part of us where this can be forgotten sometimes (or oftentimes).

May you be with you.

Frederic

PS : Remember to check the Android app : https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.nobril.quotes 
Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet the probability is .00000000000 Smile kidding.

Have a great holiday Fred!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wonders Forum Index -> OPEN DISCUSSIONS All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: