The Wonders Forum Index The Wonders
A forum where you can learn about The Wonders and share your experiences of them.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Overcoming adversity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wonders Forum Index -> 1. Existence Is But An Extension Of Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Wonders
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:46 pm    Post subject: Overcoming adversity Reply with quote

Let me share with you my story. Most of you already know it, but it's a good example of this ststaement being applied.
Back in 1989 I was on a snowmobile in Quebec. While all of the guys I was with had a lot of previous experience on snowmobiles, some even having raced them, I was as newbie at it. But after two months of driving one, I felt I had gained sufficient proficiency on the machine to "run with the masters." So off I went to the great province of Quebec where snowmobiling is a passion for most everybody, and where the tourist dollar flows.
On the way there, my snowmobile trailer blew a tire, and me and this guy who was driving with me were forced to make a pit stop and get my trailer fixed. Now that should have set off alarm bells galore, but in those days I was just starting on my journey to conscious growth and I really wasn't listening too well.
So now the tire is fixed and we're back on the road. We get to the motel where evryone is waiting for us, and quickly get prepared for our first trip out the next morning.
Now for those of you who know me personnaly, you know I'm not a morining person Laughing (And that's an understatement) So for me to get up early is already a stress, but hey I'm game, right.
So off we go snowmobiling for the day. Now before I go further, let me fill in the blanks here. I'm with seven other guys who have snowmobiled for roughly 20 years together. These guys go off for a week each year, and do nothing but snowmobile for 18-20 hours per day for seven days and they call this a vacation. Me I've snowmobiled for 2 months remember, and my idea of a vacation is sunny weather, hot climate, nice drink, and beautiful company. So right off our goals are diverging. But at the time I needed, and wanted the male bonding experience and that's why I went on this trip.
So now back to my story. Here we are, with roughly 6 hours of sleep after a horrendous trip to our destination, snowmobiling through the backwoods of Quebec in -30C weather. Not only that but these guys have no sense of time and we find ourselves litterally miles from our motel around 10:00 p.m. with no hope of getting back early. Instead these guys, and me too, we decide to keep pushing the envelope and we head for the motel. We arrive at 4:00 a.m. with the temperature around -35c with the wind chill on a snowmobile around -50c, and I'm cold, and I'm hungry, and I'm irritable, and I'm mostly tired. We all crash for the rest of the night, and we're up at 10:00 a.m. (this was their concession to me) for another fun Question day of snowmobiling.
At around 2:00 P.M. that afternoon we start heading back to the motel. This is when the accident happened. I was crossing a highway after being signalled by one of the guys that it was OK only to find out that a truck was heading right for me. I immediately realized that all would be fine, but I forgot that my legs were wrapped around the machine (similar to riding a motorbike). Of course the truck hit me and sent me flying into the air only to land on the pavement, having missed the snowbank by 15 feet. I broke everything in my left side, tibia, fibia, femur, hip, ribs, and also lost my spleen.
Now here's the interesting part. When I came to in the hospital, the doctors made their pronouncements and said that I would never walk again. I made my pronouncements and said that I would in 6 months. Who was right? You guessed it. Me.
Now the reeason I'm telliing you this story is to show you how "Existence is but an extension of me" If I hadn't chosen to "bond" with the guys, if I hadn't chosen to push myself beyond my physical limits because I didn't really love myself, If I hadn't chosen to heal myself, I wouldn't be channeling The Wonders today, and I wouldn't even be writing this piece. I was told by the doctors, that I had very little hope of living, then very little hope of walking. I chose to create a reality where all of this was possible, and I still continue to choose a reality where there is ease in my life. I don't have problems walking. Sure I limp slightly when I'm tired, but I can walk 10Km per day without a problem. I don't have problems with the weather, and I still don't listen to my doctors. Oh well at least I can live in my world of illusion where all is possible and achievable. Laughing
jolene

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:37 am    Post subject: Unclear Reply with quote

Hello,

I read your story. Thank you for sharing it. It is quite a profound story.

I'm having difficulty understanding the 1st statement though. I understand that you chose to view your existence the way you wanted to view it and not take onboard the view of your existence by the doctors. Is this what is meant by existence is but an exentsion of yourself?

If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks.

Jolene

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: re: unclear Reply with quote

Greetings Jolene

I guess that for me, my story is an example of the first Defining Statement because I was that one that chose the reality by which I was going to exist. Let's face it. My injuries were pretty extensive and under "normal" circumstances I more than likely would not be walking today. But instead of believing the doctors and their view of reality, which was probably based on their extensive experience with injuries of that nature, I chose to create my own reality in which I knew I would walk again. Call it command or call it control Laughing I don't care. What I did was know that for me walking was not an option. I would walk, without any visible damage, and it would be done in six months. That was my reality. Because of this knowing within myself, everything around me moved to accomodate this choice. I was able to leave the hospital early, I was given special care while in the hospital, I even had a nurse who kept pushing me to walk instead of just lying there. The result is self evident. So you see I could have chosen differently and today I wouldn't be walking or enjoying life as I do. There would be no dancing, no playing in the fields, no chasing Maggie around the house. What a loss that would have been. So my view is that my story is but one example of the application of the first Defining Statement. I'm certain you could come up with many more yourself.
Rene
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: re: my last post Reply with quote

i'm having a problem actually osting to this forum Confused Maybe I need a lesson in technology. Oh well I'll try again.

Rene
jolene

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: Ah ha Moment! Reply with quote

It was late last night that I felt an Ah ha Moment as I was struggling to understand the first statement. Suddenly, I was overcome with a nod, a feeling of satisfaction, a smile on my face. I now understood what this meant for me at this point in my life.

Existence Is But An Extension Of Your SELF (SELF being Soul Essence). The Soul Essence is oh so much more than a physical existence in a 3rd deminsional reality. This small realization has expanded my way of thinking and understanding who it is that I really am.

As for who it is that I am - who it is that you are, I wrote a poem last summer that seems to sum that up. Interestingly enough, I was writing about God (or the energy that is all around us) and not knowing at the time that I was writing about myself even though the words at the end of the poem indicate that this is exactly what I'm writing about.

I hope you enjoy it.

How Do I Know You?

How do I know you?
Feel you around me?
Are you in the smell of flowers?
The movement of the wind?
The flight of a bee?

Are you the shadows by the light?
The light in the darkness?
The joy in my heart?

Are you the air that fills my lungs?
The blood that runs in my veins?
Or the reflection I see in the mirror?

Are you the beginning of each new day?
The sweet song of a sparrow?
Or the colours in the setting sky?

Are you the waves in the vastness of the ocean?
The creative seed of an idea?
The comfort felt in peace?

Are you the clothes that warm me?
The winter that chills me?
Or the seasons of the year?

Tell me.
Whisper in my ear
that you are near,
that you are all that I am,
all that I can be.
Whisper with the wind
on a warm day
all that you are.
Remind me with the song of a bird,
the light of the day,
the brilliance of the stars,
that you are all things,
always near,
that you are indeed me,
running life through my veins.
With elation,
I shall move with you and express you,
My dear beloved essence -
In my very being.

Love,

Jolène
Aileen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:42 am    Post subject: Please tell me more... Reply with quote

Hi Jolene and Everyone,
I was surfing the forum and decided to revisit your posting. What does this statement mean for you at this point in your life, a few months after this posting? You mentioned that you now understood it and I am curious as to how that understanding has manifested itself in your life?

LLAP,
Aileen
jolene

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Manifest My Own Existence Reply with quote

Hello Aileen,

Ah! That's a sure fire way to get me thinking all over again. Yes, I had, for myself, the realization that I can manifest my own existence. On the other hand, I haven't figured out how to do this or what is stopping me from creating my own existence. For example, I recently went to Brazil to open my existence to Capoeira (a form of dance, music and song preformed orginally by slaves) so that I can perhaps discover my raw voice and also to get my body into shape. I spent 43 days out of 50 days sick. If I manifest 100% of my existence, why would I end up sick when I so wanted to be well? Go figure? More questions! Wink

What about you? Do you have any thoughts on this statement?

Thanks for bringing my attention back to this. I really appreciate it.

Lots of love,

Jolène
jolene

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Manifest My Own Existence Reply with quote

Oh, by the way, I wanted to add that though I was sick, I still managed to get my body into shape and to learn how to play Capoeira.

I still got what I set out to get, but being sick made it that much more difficult to get.

Luv,

Jolene
Aileen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:54 am    Post subject: All talk with no action, action with no talk Reply with quote

Greetings Jolene,
Capoiera, wow! It's a lovely dance and I think it's amazing you went to Brazil to learn. I have an appreciation for all forms of dance and movement. As a child, I trained as a ballet dancer until about age twelve. Two summers ago I watched this type of dance being performed in Toronto and I was in awe.

What does this statement mean to me? It means that I am the creator of my life. What I harbour inside of me is what I end up creating outside of me. My words, my beliefs, my denials all show up as the events that make up my life, my actions and my reactions. When I feel like I can't do something, I don't end up doing it. When I feel like I can, I end up doing it. And even when I feel like I can, I too end up with circumstances that slow me down and make things difficult, showing me the struggle belief I have.

Another interesting observation, when I am down in the dumps on myself, thinking I'm not worth it, I'm not good enough, can't do it, I don't deserve love and acceptance -- I seem to end up in situations that show me all of this -- in my relationships (from my mother to the guy crossing the street to the cashier at the store), my finances (getting a job, making/losing cash) and my health (getting sick, sore, feeling good). It isn't easy to admit all of this to myself. I think I've figured something out, only to realize that there are plenty more layers. Throughout it all, I am sufficient.

When I met the Wonders, I observed this defining statement and chose to observe it in my life. I watch and listen to myself. I also watch and listen to those who are around me a little bit and those who are around me alot because I know that they are me. I watch to see what kinds of situations I put myself in to give me more clues. I watch to see who triggers me and who doesn't and why, aware of my judgements and the times I want to sugar coat what I observe. It's like having a third person observing me, who is really me all the time.

My actions and reactions are my clues as to what is going on inside of me. I realize the degree to which my words don't really spell out what is going on inside of me. I've used them to hide my truth. The truth that I'm too scared to do anything. This is why even though I say I'm going to do something, it isn't really the case. It is why I walk around saying I could do this, will do it, I'm attempting to do it, just might do it...and I don't. It's amazing how when I observe this in myself, it's so easy to spot everywhere else. I've also observed the times when I don't talk about something, go out there and just do it. In observing this aspect of myself, I also now see this quality in others.

Enjoy!

LLAP,
Aileen

P.S. LLAP stands for Love, Light and Peace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Wonders Forum Index -> 1. Existence Is But An Extension Of Yourself All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: